Monday, October 10, 2011

Labor & Delivery

It's been awhile since I have had a chance to blog, but I wanted to say a few words on how the past 10 days have gone. On Thursday, September 29, 2011 at 4:25 PM our lives changed forever. Our healthy little miracle was born and after 1 hour and 40 minutes of pushing Joe looked at me and announced that I had given birth to a baby girl...both of us were so overcome with joy (and I was also glad to be done pushing)!


Although I have say how lucky I was as my "labor" was not terribly long or painful; the first 5 hours from 6:30 AM to 11:30 AM my contractions were minimal (as far as pain goes) and at certain points I did not even realize I was having them. After the doctor broke my water the contractions picked up and then it got more intense. At 2:15 PM I got the epidural and at 2:40 Dr. McGrew checked me and we realized I was at 10 cm (I went 6 cm in 1 hour and 15 minutes; at 1:00 PM I was at 4 cm). I feel very fortunate that my labor was not very long and that I got the epidural prior to starting Gia out. It was an amazing experience and I am so happy and thankful that Joe was by my side the whole time, as well as my mom and dad being able to be with us in the room. Joe was so wonderfully supportive the entire process and I could not have asked for a better husband during L&D. It was an experience we were so happy to share together and the start of a new chapter with our little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment